CCTVs are the first step in surveillance. They also have inherent problems
Problems with CCTV systems
- CCTVs can be turned off.
- CCTVs can be stolen along with footage data.
- CCTVs sometimes stop recording due to internal errors or wrong configurations.
- CCTVs only record video, they can not prevent an intrusion.
- Someone needs to constantly monitor a CCTV.
- Remote monitoring requires connectivity and lots o bandwidth.
Advantages of a Smart Surveillance System
A Smart Surveillance System solves all the inherent problems of a CCTV. It uses computer vision and sensors to identify whats happening and what needs to be done about it...WHEN IT IS HAPPENING or in some cases when it is about to happen.
- Detect, deter and report intrusions - when they are about to happen.
- Monitor CCTVs when something worth watching is happening
- Reduce internet bandwidth by 1/100th when compared to continuous monitoring
- Keep a backup of important footage securely on the cloud
- Connect and control all locations and assets remotely
- Collect Data from Across Enterprise
- Advanced Reporting
- Costs a fraction of conventional monitoring solutions
Automation using Smart Surveillance Systems
Using various optional accessories that we provide as a part of the solution, a smart surveillance system can do a lot more at a remote site